CERIGNOLA WIND (TOZZI GREEN) REFINANCES THREE WIND PARKS WITH A €67.4 MILLION PROJECT FINANCE
20 gennaio 2020
Cerignola Wind (Tozzi Green) refinanced a portfolio of three wind farms with a total capacity of 52 MW, located in Sicily and Puglia, by way of a €67.4 million project finance facility.
The Milan branch of Natixis acted as financing and structuring bank and mandate lead arranger. MPS Capital Services Banca per le Imprese S.p.a. acted as agent bank, financing bank and mandate lead arranger and BNL Gruppo BNP Paribas acted as financing bank and mandate lead arranger. The banks were advised in the disbursement of the facility by the law firm DLA Piper. The Tozzi Group was advised by L&B Partners Avvocati Associati and L&B Partners S.p.A. as, respectively, legal and financial consultants. Notary Public Simone Chiantini handled all notarial aspects of the transaction.
Tozzi Green is one of the main Italian renewable energy operators and also one of the main world players in rural electrification. It has developed renewable energy power stations all over the world for over 30 years. It is also one of the most important players in the world in rural electrification and sustainable rural development. The group closed 2018 with consolidated revenues of €127.2 million, an EBITDA of €44.5 million and a net profit of €10.8 million.
Tozzi Green is part of the Tozzi Group, based in Ravenna, which also controls Tozzi Sud S.p.A., Comart S.p.A. and Tozzi Contracting S.r.l. The Tozzi group owns 48% of Agitre Energia, owner of the 25 MW Agritre biomass power plant located in Sant’Agata di Puglia, Foggia. The remaining 52% of Agitre Energia is owned by Ardian Infrastructure, through Tre Solar. In September 2019, the Tozzi Group sold the Tozzi Electrical Equipment business unit to the US energy systems and products manufacturer G&W Electric.